Why Everyone Should Do A People Audit

I am a self-confessed people parasite. I know, you're totally shocked. You're probably thinking "but you're just far too cute and sweet to label yourself some sort of bug". A diseased bug at that. I know, I hear ya sister but I don't deny it. One of my life philosophies is to get the most from my relationships. Now you're thinking parasite is too nice. Blood-sucking leech barely covers it. But I blame Ginger Spice. It was actually a Geri Halliwell post-Spice-Girls exit (Gexit? Spexit?) post tried-too-hard comeback, an "OK-I-Tried-To-Make-It-On-My-Own-But-It-Didn't-Work-Out-And-I'm-Cool-With-That" interview I was watching one night when she said something pretty insightful; "I no longer care what you think about me. I care about what I think about you". Wise words Ms Ginger.




If my mind was like a quiz in Cosmo when I met people it would be "Qu:do I like your vibe?" --->YES; I will want to spend more time with you. --->NO; I'll just avoid you then. Sounds brutal but what is brutal about not wanting to spend the little spare time you have being drained and unhappy?

One of the things my friends help me with is to keep me creative and I suppose it's no surprise that my friends are who they are. I need action orientated people,as well as the people who I can open my soul to. When visiting my best friend recently, she excitedly pulled out a stained glass painting kit and said she'd been waiting for me to come round and do this with her because there wasn't anyone else who she knew who would love this more than me. She is one of the most creative person I know and I always feel like there's so many possibilities we can get up to.

Why Everyone Should Do A People Audit
Who is surprised she got me the flamingo design. Anyone?

Also, my friends set a task that I needed to make something this year. Perhaps they were thinking a ceramic pot (to force some sort of situation where I'd end up on Patrick Swayze's lap. What awesome friends) but I thought I'd make pressed flowers which seems to be vogue at the moment. It was a present for a friend who moved into her own place recently. It's a simple thing really but I love that I made it for her.

Why Everyone Should Do A People Audit

We sometimes feel obliged / compelled / forced to stay in relationships for other reasons other than happiness. I would recommend once you let go of this sense of obligation and you spend time with the people who you ought to, then you'll wonder why you didn't do this sooner.

Are you surrounded by people who are good for your soul?

Comments